This little weirdo is a chayote squash. I got hooked on them in Costa Rica – my Mama Tica would use them in chicken soup and it was life changing. Slowly but surely they’re working themselves into local grocery stores. They’re yummy cook and raw! Tonight I had no clue where the recipe was going but spiralized chayote turned into an awesome dinner!
cOLD CHAYOTE & CHICKEN THAI SALAD
Serves one. #foreveralone
- 1 spiralized chayote (or thinly sliced)
- 1 roasted chicken breast (left overs for the win!)
- 2 Tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinagar
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- Raman noodles, about 1/4 of the brick.
In a bowl toss together all you ingredients. That’s it. Can you really call that a recipe? I don’t know. But it’s good. I topped mine with sour cream and cilantro.